The ISRL will run from July 20 – July 31. Scholars are eligible for up to 7 nights lodging, and 8 days of parking.
The ISRL has previously housed participants at Presby Hall, but this year participants will be staying at St. John’s Catholic Newman Center.
Information about housing at the Newman Center can be found here. The Newman Center sits on the corner of S. 6th St. and E. Armory Ave. and is situated directly across from the Main Library.
The Global Studies Center staff will make reservations at Newman Hall for all participants who request housing; participants will not be responsible for making reservations at other venues. Fellows are placed in suite-style living spaces. Participants are expected to cover meal costs for the time they attend the lab. Participants can take advantage of breakfast, lunch, and dinner services at Newman Hall, or they may seek options elsewhere. A list of local restaurants will be provided.
Newman Hall and the Center will make every effort to place guests in rooms they have requested, as well as keeping guests on the same and/or adjoining floors. However, this may not always be possible, and Newman Hall reserves the right to change rooms and floors prior to the program dates, if necessary.
Newman Hall Front Desk: (217) 344-1266
RATES/HOUSING AND PARKING GRANTS
$32 per person per night for a single occupancy suite style room
$35 per stay per car.
Newman Hall has suite-style living. Individual suites do not have microwaves or refrigerators, but there is a community kitchen on the ground floor that has a refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven, and other cooking supplies.
- Newman also has a fitness center, game rooms, and tv lounges included in the housing arrangements.
- Linen service includes a fitted sheet and flat sheet, pillow, blanket, towels, and washcloths.
- Newman has onsite washers and dryers available for use at no charge. Laundry detergent can be provided.
- Participants can fax at the main office. There is wireless internet throughout the facility, and printing can be made available for a fee.
- There are no hardwire phones in the rooms, but there is an emergency phone in each hallway.
ISRL participants are responsible for bringing their own toiletries and food.
OTHER HOUSING OPTIONS
List of Hotels in Champaign and Urbana