To get to Champaign-Urbana, you may arrange to fly into Chicago and then use public transportation (Illini Shuttle, Peoria Charter, or Amtrak) from O’Hare or Midway airports. If choosing one of the bus services, your closest stop to Presby Hall will be Altgeld, which is 5 minutes walking distance. To get to Presby, walk south on South Wright St. to reach East Daniel St. Continue walking on Daniel until you reach 5th St, turn left and walk south to the corner of Chalmers and 5th St.
To get to Presby Hall from the Amtrak stop at Illinois Terminal, take the 5 or 50 East Green Line (MTD – Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District) to the corner of 4th and Green. Depart on that corner, walk one block east on Green St. and turn right (south) on 5th Street. Presby Hall will be on the second block to your right. CGS will be on the third block to your left.
It takes approximately 2.5 hours to drive to Champaign should you wish to rent a car. Alternatively, you can take a flight to Willard Airport in Champaign or to the Central Regional Airport in Bloomington-Normal.
ISRL Participants are expected to arrange their own travel to and from Champaign as well as to and from the airport. CGS staff is not available to take participants to and from the airport or bus station.
REGISTRATION AND CHECK-IN
When arriving at CGS to register, please have your length of stay solidified. If something does occur that will cut your stay short unexpectedly, please give CGS at least 24 hours notice if you need to change your length of stay. Otherwise, CGS will be charged any nights not canceled well in advance of your departure.
Participants must register during CGS office hours—Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- To register with CGS, visit us in Room 303 of the International Studies Building.
- Confirm your housing arrangements.
- Receive your registration information, library access card, your NetID and UIN for wireless access, and your parking permit (must have been requested in advance).
- Check in at Presby Hall; your reservation will be in your name. If arriving after 1 a.m., please call the Presby Front Desk at (217) 344-0102 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm at least a day in advance.
If a participant arrives after office hours (after 4:30 pm or On the Weekend):
- Check in at Presby Hall; the reservation will be in your name. If arriving after 1 a.m., please call the Presby Front Desk at (217) 344-0102 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm at least a day in advance.
- If you reserved parking, notify us in advance that you are arriving after hours. Your parking pass will be available for you at the front desk of Presby Hall.
- Register with CGS as soon as the Center opens after your arrival.
The Center for Global Studies and the International and Area Studies Library value your feedback greatly. Please help us improve our program by completing our Exit Survey before your departure.
To avoid additional charges to CGS, please follow these procedures:
- Check out and leave your room key at the Presby Hall front desk.
- Notify the Center in person or by e-mail that you have checked out. If there is any confusion about your departure date and we cannot confirm that you checked out as scheduled, we will bill you for any extra nights not covered by the housing grant.
- Pay any outstanding charges for extra guests to Presby Hall.