Global Warming Resources
Dr. Michael Schlesinger, Professor of Atmospheric Sciences and Director of the Climate Research Group, discusses evidence and proof in support of global warming, where global warming could be by the end of the century depending on today’s actions and policy for reducing CO2 emissions.
For more Center for Global Studies resources on this topic, see the Sustainable Development Research Cluster.
In part 1, Dr. Michael Schlesinger discusses evidence to support the concept of global warming.
In Part 2, Dr. Michael Schlesinger displays models, methods and calculations that prove the existence of global warming.
In Part 3, Dr. Michael Schlesinger covers different predictions for the end of century global warming levels based on different action routes put into effect today.
In Part 4, Dr. Michael Schlesinger discusses policy of the Illinois Climate Change Advisory Group aimed at reducing CO2 emissions.
For additional resources, see the following readings:
- Mathez, Edmond A. Climate Change : The Science of Global Warming and our Energy Future. New York: Columbia University Press, 2009.
- Schlesinger, Michael E. Greenhouse-Gas-Induced Climate Change: A Critical Appraisal of Simulations and Observations. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1991.
- Michael E Schlesinger ed. Human-Induced Climate Change: An Interdisciplinary Assessment. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- "Carbon Footprint Reduction."; 2011.
- Illinois Climate Change Advisory Group.Report of the Illinois Climate Change Advisory Group.
- Schlesinger, Michael E. "Some Hard Truths You should Know about Global Warming". University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Center for Global Studies (2008-05).